In order to request material from interlibrary loan service enter your ID no. by clicking on your Library card.
After you receive confirmation for your user/name the Request Form will be displayed.
The service provides books and articles that are not available in the Bar-Ilan University libraries from other universities in Israel and abroad.
- All Bar-Ilan students and faculty are eligible to use the interlibrary loan.
- Up to 5 items can be ordered per week - Estimated time of arrival – within 14 working days.
- The reader will be notified by email when their order arrives.
The service is based on a fee. Once you submit an order you are automatically charged.
The prices are set by agreements between the universities. Colleges have a different price list.
The price list for ordering material in Israel is for students and faculty of universities that belong to the agreement.
Books: 15 NIS
Copies: 20 NIS per order.
- Any item that is not found in the Israeli libraries may be ordered from abroad. When filling out a request form please make a note that the material is not available in Israeli libraries.
- The price list for each institution varies.
Copy of an article – 80 NIS
Ordering a book – 150 NIS
Payment is by credit card (or payable by credit card).
Copy of an article - up to 20 pages - 25 NIS
Copy of an article - up to 50 pages - 60 NIS
Copy of an article - more than 50 pages - 100 NIS
Master and doctoral students and faculty are allowed to borrow books from other university libraries.
- Permission to borrow is valid for one academic year and is given upon request.
- Borrowers must comply with the lending library's policy.
- It is the borrower's responsibility to return borrowed materials by the due date.
- Borrowers must submit a form to the Interlibrary Loan Department in the Central Library.
- Forms (In Hebrew only) can be found in the Interlibrary Loan Department or downloaded.
In order to retrieve ordered material you must come to the Interlibrary Loan Department in the Central Library, ground floor, room C002.