Corona Time! Everything you need to know about Library Services During Corona
Updated on 02/05/2021 - 10:07
Operation of the Libraries and Information System During Corona
The Libraries are Reopening !
During this period the libraries are open for students mainly as learning spaces, in accordance with the Purple Badge standards.
Please note the following guidelines:
Regulations for entering and using the libraries:
- You must disinfect your hands before entering and wear a mask in the library at all times.
- Sitting is permitted only in the places specifically marked for seating. Librarians will direct you to available seating. Seating is individual and sitting in groups is not allowed.
- Please keep the 2-meter distance from each other and the reference desks.
- Eating anywhere in the library is strictly forbidden.
- At this stage, libraries serve mainly as learning spaces for students studying via zoom. We recommend bringing personal laptops and headphones.
Remote Library Services
We are aware of the difficulty of coming to the university these days and therefore, when we all return to the regular routine, you will not be charged retroactively. However, please keep in mind that returning requested books can help other students and faculty members waiting for them.
For the list of libraries and contact information https://lib.biu.ac.il/libraries
2.. Book Lending / Scanning Article-Chapters: There is no need to make an appointment in order to borrow books. We offer to scan articles or book chapters for courses, in agreement with copyright laws and fair use rules. Please note that requests are answered in order of arrival and may take several days to scan and send back to you.
Prior to requesting scans, please make sure and check in the catalog that the materials are not available in electronic format. To order scans, please refer to the appropriate library. Details and contact information of the libraries can be found in the following link : https://lib.biu.ac.il/en/libraries
In cases where the materials cannot be scanned, you will be contacted about the possibility of loaning the required books. We will also provide you with detailed explanations how to enter the campus grounds and receive the books.
3. Inter Library Loan: Articles and books that do not exist in Bar Ilan can be ordered through inter-library loan services. We make an effort to locate the materials in other academic libraries in Israel and abroad and order them for you. The service is provided free of charge. Please note that only materials that do not exist in Bar Ilan can be ordered so please check the catalogue before ordering. To order the materials please fill out our online form.
To arrange a training, please contact any of our campus libraries.
We will be happy to answer any questions at tel: 03-531-7955.
We are here to remotely assist you in various ways:
Zoom - Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday between 10:00-12:00
The Reference Department’s email – Hadracha.Centralib@biu.ac.il or direct email of the campus libraries.
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/libraries.biu
Phone – 03-5317955 or 5317125
In hope for a speedy return to our normal arrangement!
The Library and Information System staff