Corona Time! Everything you need to know about Library Services and Making an Appointment to Use the Campus Libraries
Updated on 26/11/2020 - 12:35
Operation of the Libraries and Information System During Corona
The Libraries are Reopening !
Some of our libraries are open to the public with limited access in accordance with the Purple Badge standards but require making an appointment in advance
|Judaica||Sunday- Thursday 9:00-16:00||Reserve a place in the library Reading room only. The Open Shelf Collection is closed.||
|Social Sciences||Sunday-Thursday 9:00-16:00||Reserve a place in the library||
For faculty students only
|Medicine||Sunday-Wednesday 8:00-15:00||Reserve a place in the library||
|Economics and Business||Sunday-Thursday 9:00-15:00||Reserve a place in the library||
|Education||Sunday-Thursday 9:00-15:00||Reserve a place in the library||
|Mathematics & Computer Science||Sunday-Thursday 9:00-16:00||Reserve a place in the library||
|French, Arabic, Far East, Translation||Sunday-Thursday 9:00-16:00||Reserve a place in the library||
|Midrasha||Sunday-Wednesday 9:00-16:00||Reserve a place in the email@example.com|
|Chemistry||Sunday-Thursday 9:00-16:00||Reserve a place in the firstname.lastname@example.org|
Sunday, Monday, Tuseday
|Reserve a place in the library||03-5318437||Physics_l@biu.ac.il|
The number of people in each library is currently limited to 10. At this stage, libraries serve mainly as learning spaces for students studying via zoom. Please bring personal laptops and headphones.
The libraries are open for Bar Ilan staff and students only. However the entrance to the libraries is only by registration via the online registration system.
Changes are frequent and library visits are subject to government decisions on lockdowns. Therefore, please make sure before your arrival if the library is in fact open before you come.
You can contact the Libraries and Information System at 03-5317955 or by e-mail: Hadracha.Centralib@biu.ac.il
You must present your student card at the entrance to the library.
All other libraries will remain closed at this time, but the remote library services are available online. For more information and details please see below.
Please note the following guidelines:
Regulations for entering and using the libraries:
- Entry to the libraries is for the Bar-Ilan Community only (staff and students).
- You must schedule an appointment in the online registration system. Show the email confirmation of your appointment and your ID at the entrance to the library, Read the form explaining the guidelines for using the library and sign that you agree to the terms.
- You must disinfect your hands before entering and wear a mask in the library at all times.
- Sitting is permitted only in the places specifically marked for seating. Librarians will direct you to available seating. Seating is individual and sitting in groups is not allowed.
- Any book removed from the shelves should be left on the table after use. The books will be collected and isolated for three days.
- The use of library computers and photocopy machines are prohibited. You may use personal laptops.
- Please keep the 2-meter distance from each other and the reference desks.
- Various areas of the library are closed to the public. If a reader needs items from one of these areas, contact a librarian.
- Eating anywhere in the library is strictly forbidden.
Remote Library Services
Please note that you can return books to the campus by placing the books in boxes available at the entrance to the library. The books will be isolated and disinfected prior to the actual return.
We are aware of the difficulty of coming to the university these days and therefore, when we all return to the regular routine, you will not be charged retroactively. However, please keep in mind that returning requested books can help other students and faculty members waiting for them.
For the list of libraries and contact information https://lib.biu.ac.il/libraries
2.. Book Lending / Scanning Article-Chapters: There is no need to make an appointment in order to borrow books. We offer to scan articles or book chapters for courses, in agreement with copyright laws and fair use rules. Please note that requests are answered in order of arrival and may take several days to scan and send back to you.
Prior to requesting scans, please make sure and check in the catalog that the materials are not available in electronic format. To order scans, please refer to the appropriate library. Details and contact information of the libraries can be found in the following link : https://lib.biu.ac.il/libraries .
In cases where the materials cannot be scanned, you will be contacted about the possibility of loaning the required books. We will also provide you with detailed explanations how to enter the campus grounds and receive the books.
3. Inter Library Loan: Articles and books that do not exist in Bar Ilan can be ordered through inter-library loan services. We make an effort to locate the materials in other academic libraries in Israel and abroad and order them for you. The service is provided free of charge. Please note that only materials that do not exist in Bar Ilan can be ordered so please check the catalogue before ordering. To order the materials please fill out our online form.
5. Free access to other academic materials in light of the corona virus: We would like to remind you that during these days, content providers and publishers are offering free access to academic materials.
To arrange a training, please contact any of our campus libraries.
We will be happy to answer any questions at tel: 03-531-7955.
- Group study is permitted for up to 4 people only if the 2 meter distance between everyone is observed.
The Open Shelf collection and the Journal collections are closed to the public.
- Students and faculty who are interested in reading books from the Open Shelf Collection in the Judaic Library, need to send, in advance, full details of the books to Jewish-Studies.Library@biu.ac.il
- Students and faculty who are interested in borrowing books from the Open Shelf Collection need to send, in advance, full details of the books to Hashala.Centralib@mail.biu.ac.il
We are here to remotely assist you in various ways:
Zoom - Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday between 10:00-12:00
The Reference Department’s email – Hadracha.Centralib@biu.ac.il or direct email of the campus libraries.
Facebook – https://www,facebook.com/libraries.biu
Phone – 03-5317955 or 5318357
Dr. Olga Goldin (Ph.D), Director of University Library System, will be available for any help via email: Olga.Goldin@biu.ac.il or phone: 054-9266529
In hope for a speedy return to our normal arrangement!
The Library and Information System staff