Cataloging and Classification Department
The department classifies and catalogs books and non-book materials that are purchased or donated in Hebrew and other languages; the department has two sections:
- Hebrew classification and cataloging – located in the Central Library, ground floor, room 008
- Foreign languages classification and cataloging – located in the Central Library, ground floor, room 003
The department staff maintains the library online catalog and information resource.
The department purchases material in Hebrew and foreign languages in accordance with the academic departments' purchasing policy and budget.
In addition the department deals with books donated to the University. The department is located in the Central Library, - 1st floor, room 64.
Book Purchase Recommendation Form (In Hebrew)
The Periodical Department is responsible for all the periodicals, ejournals, CDs and online databases in Hebrew and other languages for all the libraries in the university system.
In addition the department is responsible for :
· Cataloging the periodicals
· Updating the periodicals and ejournals
· Binding of the periodicals