Tools and Tips for Publishing Open Access Articles
Tools and tips for publishing Open Access articles
Publishing articles in Open Access requires planning in advance. Here is some information that can help you publish with Open Access. The tools we offer here can assist you in finding suitable deposit databases, can help you identify predatory journals and help you make decisions regarding Open Access publishing.
The below links were presented in tutorials for faculty and doctoral students by the Libraries and Information System.
Tutorial about Open Access (23.2.2021)
Tools to assist you in making decisions about Open Access publishing
1. Sherpa Juliet- Identifying the publishing policies of various funding bodies.
2. Sherpa/Romeo - Locating information about the publishing requirements of various publishers.
3. The Journal Checker Tool - Locating publishing routes that are compatible with Plan S
4.OpenDOAR - A tool that helps you to search deposit databases by location, topic or type.
5. Copyright guarantee for the author:
Addendum- An appendix attached to the contract, sent by the publisher in order to preserve the author’s rights.
Please Note: Uploading the following deposits is subject to the publishers' policy on the issue.
1. ArXiv-- Database for depositing articles in the field of exact sciences.
2. SocArXiv - Database for depositing articles in the field of social sciences.
3. SSRN - Database for depositing articles in the fields of social sciences and humanities.
4. Zenodo - Open database for depositing articles, databases, software, reports, etc., in all areas.
5. PsyArXiv - Database for depositing articles in the field of psychology.
6. REPEC - Database for depositing articles in the field of economics.
Tools for identifying predatory journals
1. Journal Citation Reports- Access is via the Libraries and Information System Database page.
2. Scopus - Access is via the Libraries and Information System Database Page
3. Cabells - Access is via the Libraries and Information System Database Page
14. Retraction Watch
For questions or inquiries, you can contact
Dr. Yehudit Shkolnisky: Yehudit.Shkolnisky@biu.ac.il
Mrs. Sarit Sambol Szasz: email@example.com